Cocktail: A mixed drink consisting of two or more ingrediants.
Terror: Panic: an overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety- resulting in pure horror.
The highly anticipated ‘Dead Island’ video game was first announced about four years ago. Until recently, the project was thought to be dead, but a recent teaser trailer for it went viral and has proven that the game is back from the dead! (Oh by the way, that heart wrenching family from the teaser… they’re not in the game… at all.)
Said Blazej Krakowiak, international brand manager for developer Techland:
“It shows no one is safe, some people made it out, but some didn’t and the family dies. That may be difficult to accept.”
The game is due out by the end of 2011 but gamers are already buzzing about how this game may not only be the greatest Zombie game of the decade, but quite possibly the greatest game of all time!
Why? Because the developers have taken their time and done the research to insure that this game takes the best aspects of many of the best selling games of the last ten years or so and adds them into this wicked tropical cocktail of terror!
Here is a rundown of what we know so far about what the game has to offer:
- Zombies: This game has the undead of every type from (Romero style) slow zombies, to (28 Days Later style) fast zombies, and even some crazy mutated special flesh eaters! (Left4Dead anyone?) Who has time to debate which Zombies are most terrifying when you have them all coming at you?!
- Weapons: One of the greatest ideas for a game came into reality when Dead Rising 2 demonstrated the power of a workbench and duct tape to create some truly wicked zombie slaying toys. Dead Island follows suit, but in a more realistic way. Producers promise that you will be able to make weapons that are not zany but actually practical. The weapons of Dead Island will be things that you actually would find laying around and could make into weapons. All the weapons promise gore galore!
“It is a zombie action slasher,” Krakowiak said. “This is a game where you will be killing zombies up close… We’re not trying to be wacky and make fun of zombies, that’s why we have first-person and melee fighting.”
- Atmosphere: This game is destined to be GTA style open world. Players will be able to get around the island via boat, plane, car, bike, and foot just to name a few. There is almost nowhere on this island where gamers will not be able to go. Another unique aspect of the game is that players will have to clear out a safe house before they can save. Find a cool little building that you think is safe? Think again, you may have to clear three floors of various types of the undead before you can rest!
- Customization: Much like an RPG, players will be able to customize weapons and clothes, but also be able to upgrade their characters. Dead Island will have four different playable characters- all have their own special abilities that get more powerful the more you upgrade.
- Graphics/Perspective: A movie is scary when you are watching in the third person. A game is terrifying when its in first person. Dead Island offers both! The graphics are amazing (see screen shot above), not only in the cut scenes but also in actual play!
- Usless Junk?? What good is a Zombie filled island without a bunch of useless junk you can collect… just in case? Dead Island provides all the useless crap you may or may not need! How are you to know what you should pick up and keep and what is a waste of your inventory space? You don’t! (Just like real life) Good luck with that.
It is obvious that Dead Island is going to be a ‘must-own’ for any zombie fanatic but also any gamer! Stay tuned to Zombie Zone News for more updates as they come!
The quotes from this article were taken from an interview done with kotaku.com.